are invited to show their
large works at the
Colorado State Capitol
June 2018 to
Here's an incentive to create some large plein air paintings!
Click here for more information about Creative Capitol, and to see the current exhibition:
The Beauty of Colorado
Entry Period: March 1-31, 2018
Show: June - September, 2018
Capturing a broad spectrum of viewpoints of our beautiful state, from the urban centers to the most remote and wild spaces.
Must be current PAAC members.
The show is open to the first artists (up to 40) who apply and meet the criteria.
Criteria for artwork
Plein Air painting, or studio painting inspired by a plein air painting.
- Plein Air paintings will be given first consideration.
- Artwork size around 24x36, or 864 sq inches.
- Original Artwork - Oil, Watercolor, Pastel or Mixed Media
- No Prints
- Colorado Scene
- Not juried, to showcase artwork at every level
- More than one entry per artist allowed. The number of paintings displayed by each artist will be determined by the number who apply.
- 40 paintings will be displayed.
- Artists will be responsible to hand deliver or ship the artwork by the date we determine.
- Ready to hang, with quality frame and D hooks, no sawtooth hangers.
- Content may not include violence/guns or nudity.
- No overtly political statements.
- Sale terms TBD.
Entry Fee $25
Artwork will be displayed in both public and non-public spaces.
The ground level of the Capitol’s rotunda is the most formal exhibition space and it is open to the public.
Art will also be placed in the Lieutenant Governor’s office, located in the Capitol, as well as the office of the staff for the Legislative Council.
Artworks will also be hung in the Joint Budget Committee room, and two legislative hearing rooms, all located in the Legislative Services Building, across the street from the Capitol. The Lieutenant Governor’s office, the Joint Budget Committee room, and the hearing rooms are not open to the public, however, the works will be seen on a daily basis by state legislators and staff.