are invited to show their
large works at the
Colorado State Capitol
March 1-31, 2018
Here's an incentive to create some large paintings!
Click here for more information about Creative Capitol, and to see the current exhibition:
The Beauty of Colorado
Entry Period: March 1-31, 2018
Delivery of Artwork: Mid May
Show: June - September, 2018
Capturing a broad spectrum of viewpoints of our beautiful state, from the urban centers to the most remote and wild spaces.
Must be current PAAC members.
The first 40 artists who enter and meet the criteria will get at least one painting in the show. The painting(s) selected will be given preference based on plein air and largest size.
Entry Fee $25
Artwork will be displayed in both public and non-public spaces.
The ground level of the Capitol’s rotunda is the most formal exhibition space and it is open to the public.
Art will also be placed in the Lieutenant Governor’s office, located in the Capitol, as well as the office of the staff for the Legislative Council.
Artworks will also be hung in the Joint Budget Committee room, and two legislative hearing rooms, all located in the Legislative Services Building, across the street from the Capitol. The Lieutenant Governor’s office, the Joint Budget Committee room, and the hearing rooms are not open to the public, however, the works will be seen on a daily basis by state legislators and staff.
Criteria for artwork
- Plein Air painting, or Studio painting inspired by a Plein Air painting.
- Plein Air paintings will be given first consideration.
- Colorado Scene.
- Artwork (unframed) size at least 24" x 36", or 864 sq inches.
- Original Artwork - Oil, Watercolor, Pastel or Mixed Media.
- No Prints.
- Not juried, to showcase artwork at every level.
- Up to four entries per artist.
- Up to 40 paintings will be displayed.
Ready to hang.
- Quality frame, or gallery wrap (staples on back) with finished (painted) sides.
- D hooks are required. (No eye hooks or sawtooth hangers.)
- Content may not include violence/guns or nudity.
- No overtly political statements.
- Artists will be responsible to hand deliver or ship the artwork to Centennial, CO by the date we determine. PAAC will deliver the artwork to the Capitol together.
- Identification tags must be attached to back of each accepted work.
- Hand Delivered work must be wrapped in bubble wrap and sandwiched between two sheets of cardboard.
- Artist is responsible for any shipping charges to and from the exhibition. Artist is responsible for insuring his/her own work during transit.
Accepted artists will be responsible for shipping and insurance both ways.
All shipped work should include:
- Prepaid shipping label. Art shipped without a prepaid return label will not be displayed unless a return label is provided before delivery day to the capitol. Failure to provide a prepaid return label will result in a $25 handling fee in addition to the bill for return shipping
For pieces shipped with glass, neither PAAC nor Creative Capitol is responsible for breakage or replacement. We suggest you use Plexiglas.
Include an uncrating fee of $25 per box, payable to PAAC for each box in the shipment.
Promotion and Sales
Sales percentages: 90% Artist, 10% PAAC.
- Creative Capitol (CCI) does not take a percentage of any artwork sales.
- Artwork does not have to be available for sale.
- PAAC will promote the exhibition via website, email blasts, and social media.
- PAAC will post an online catalog on our website.
- CCI does not put price information on the labels for any work.
- CCI will place printed promotional materials with information about the show and contact information for CCI throughout the Capitol. Interested buyers can contact CCI and CCI will put them in direct contact with PAAC.
LiabilityArtists are responsible for insuring their work during transit.
Although PAAC and its members will use their best efforts to prevent such occurrences, neither PAAC, nor any other organization connected with the show is responsible for loss or damage from any cause, including unpacking, hanging, or repacking.
By submitting this application, Artist is agreeing to these terms.